Saturday, July 19, 2008

My Craft Room








This is my Craft Room. This is my favorite room in the whole house! I like to spend my free time in this "quiet" room. The kids, of course, are off limits to this room. I think I spend more time organizing it than creating anything. It used to be a guest room, but it was rarely used. So I made a better use of it! I can leave a project laying around and just shut the door, out of sight. I hang and leave everything out so I can see it to use it. If I don't see it I won't use it.

This is the brightest and the cleanest room! In this picture I have my pieces of ribbon on the top shelf. My embellishments on the little drawers, my 1/8 ribbon in the giant cookie jars. underneath is a big dresser, where I store border punches, embossing stuff, heat gun, glues, etc.

This is where I have my punches! I used curtain rods to hang the larger punches, and a hanging fruit basket I have the smaller punches, decorative scissors, and hand held punches.
This is my working table. Here I have my most used necessities.  To the far right I have my cardstock in a file basket sorted by color. I unmounted my wooden stamps and stored them in CD cases. Alot more roomy! Then I have my handy tools in little drawers. To the left I have my cutting board I cannot live without, and my scraps of cardstock. I don't throw any of it away. I keep it for later use. 




In this wall I hung my Ink pads (yes, I use them all) in an old cassette tape holder.  I have my prismacolor pencils, ink refills, markers and distressing sponges. To the left is a gray tray that scores/folds my cards in half. I know what do I need that for? It makes a clean professional fold. Yeap that's right.

Underneath my inkpads is a bookshelf where I store my favorite tool of  all...... The Cuttlebug! It engraves the paper into pretty designs. Then I also have drawer full of Ribbon! Lotsa Ribbon!

This was the grand tour of My Craft Room, thanks for visiting.

and now a Poem I can relate to:

I like to make cards as a hobby
Though my family just claims that I'm sick,
'Cause I'm buried in items for crafting
From my toes to the top of my neck.
I own and embosser and light box,
Ribbons and markers galore,
Cardstock in every color.
Like Mulberry paper and more...
I've bought every scissor and die-cut
Adhesive? Yes, I have all kinds!
But my husband claims, all that I have
Is a bad case of losing my mind!
                                            - Jennifer Byerly

The End...

Till next time!

2 comments:

The Ayers Family said...

Wow! It looks great even in photos! Like I said the other day, I'm totally envious! I need to get me one of those rooms and maybe a cuttlebug thingy too!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE IT Shelly!!! You're my inspiration to get mine done. Thanks so much for sharing. And your kids are beautiful too. ;)
Milisa